Home Based Reader - English or Welsh Speaker
Type of opportunity
Transcription and Audio
Do you have a pleasant and engaging voice? If you do, we are looking for someone like you to help people with sight loss access everything from newsletters to a favourite cookery book by digitally recording audio versions from the comfort of your own home.
- The ability to access and produce materials using smart devices.
- The ability to produce and upload M4A, Wav or MP3 files within a range of 56 to 256kbps is required.
What you will be doing?
- Create audio recordings from text
- Reading a range of materials aloud
- Describing non-textual materials
What skills and experience are needed?
- Able to work unsupervised
- Clear voice and good listener
- Good Attention to detail
- Good IT skills
- Willing to undertake relevant training
- Reliable and trustworthy
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
When will you be needed?
How often will I be needed?
Criminal Record Check Information
This role does not require a criminal record check